S E R V I N G S : 9 mini omelets
S E R V I N G S I Z E : 2 omelets
T I M E : 30 minutes
I N G R E D I E N T S :
4 cups broccoli florets
1 cup button mushrooms
4 large eggs
1 cup egg whites
1/4 cup shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese (or use 1/2 cup of cheese above)
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
T H E H O W :
1. Pre-heat oven to 350*.
2. Spray a non-stick cupcake tin with cooking spray.
3. Sauté the mushrooms and broccoli in a skillet with olive oil and salt until vegetables are tender. Evenly divide the vegetable mixture into 9 tins.
4. In a bowl, beat the egg whites, eggs, and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the mixture into the tins over the vegetables so portions are divided evenly. (Each tin will be about 3/4 full.)
6. Bake until cooked, about 20 minutes.
7. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and store in your fridge. When you're ready to eat them, microwave for one minute and enjoy!
We originally adapted the recipe from skinnytaste.com, and there are so many variations you can play with depending on your taste. Enjoy and have a great week!